Here’s what went down in the penultimate episode (Episode 12, titled “Looking for Mr. Goodbrain, Part 1”) of Season 3 of the CW Network’s iZombie.
- So Liv (Rose McIver) and Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) are chillin’ with Harley (Andrew Caldwell) in his bunker. Major (Robert Buckley) brings the brain bars and Harley eats them even though he says he wont. While Major wants to take Harley to Fillmore Graves, they end up deciding that the bunker is the best place to leave him for the time being. Remember that for later, guys.
- When Liv gets to work, Ravi (Rahul Kohli) lets her know she has made the cover of a magazine — as a zombie. Of course, he doesn’t ‘fess up to being the source behind the story. But, that’s okay because Liv finds out later on when Ravi’s old boss from the CDC, Katty Kupps (Christina Cox), turns up accusing him of being the source because it’s exactly his level of tin foil hat conspiracy theory nonsense that got him fired from the CDC that the newspaper article smacks of.
- As a result of all the zombie hysteria, Liv has to wear a “disguise.” Which is just Rose McCIver without her Liv hair and makeup.
- Now, let’s just have a little chat about the CDC okay, because it has been flying in under the radar for a little while now and I am just putting it out there that I think they know all about the zombies and are covering it up by calling it a fancy flu that came in on a flight from Paris. What we do need to know about this flight from Paris is that Carey Gold (Anjali Jay) was on it and she turns out to be Patrice’s (Anisha Cheema) mum, as in Patrice and Tatum, Patrice. So, this should get nice and complicated in next week’s episode of iZombie.
- Katty goes and ends up as murder of the week in Episode 12 of iZombie and Liv has to eat her brain. This results in some pretty interesting flashbacks to Ravi and her having sex and absolutely nothing to do with who might have killed her. And, can I say, thank goodness they seem to be getting back on track with the weekly murder mystery. Thanks to this episode being part 1, it isn’t wrapped up nicely and I kind of like that.
- Liv and Clive interview a heap of people who were on the flu flight from Paris as they try to sort out who murdered Katy. All they get though is a horribly racist woman and a man with a baby who isn’t a terrorist at all. But, then they find out Katty was frequenting a bar and Liv turns up there, time and time again, because she just can’t help it. Oh, and because she is suped up on slutty Katty brains. This is also important for later on.
- Meanwhile, Major is having a shitty day at work on account of Chase Graves (Jason Dohring) knowing about him being human. Major still takes one for the team and sucks down some brain bar to prove he’s not. Chase won’t fall for it though and fires Major. Poor Major has to pack up his stuff and leave. When his troop returns as he is leaving it looks like another Major Mopey moment, but, hey, his troop thinks he’s awesome for doing all the stuff they do when he isn’t even bulletproof. So, cue a drunken party.
- Before the aforementioned drunken party can occur, it is time for another bonus for Major — the return of zombie hooker-turned-human, Natalie (Brooke Lyons). One thing leads to another and Major ends up getting jiggy with Natalie. She then gets super needy and asks him to move to Italy with her. Major immediately says yes.
- Now, what’s going on in Peyton’s (Aly Michalka) world in Episode 12 of iZombie? Well, now that Baracus (Kurt Evans) is Mayor, he assumes Peyton is in the know about all the zombies and offers her a promotion to chief of staff. Peyton says no, dropping Tatum’s name in the process, just to see if he looks guilty about the Weckler case. When he doesn’t she tells Liv she thinks he might be innocent. Liv thinks, either way, it’s probably a good idea to take the promotion.
- Thanks to Liv’s slutty Katty brain, she is dry humping every male that buys her a drink at the bar. Of course, she can’t really sleep with them, not unless she wants them to become zombies. That is until Chase Graves turns up and then is Slutty McSlutsville for Liv and they proceed to romp like rabbits.
- As a result of this, now that Major’s party is in full swing and Liv is not there, Justin (Tongayi Chirisa) needs to take Major outside to have a little chat about how serious Liv is about their relationship. Major is totally sure Liv is just working late. But, lucky they are away from the house now because Harley has turned up at the party dressed in a bomb suit and blows every one the fuck up. So, thanks to Liv’s slutty brains this week, everyone important lives. Oh, except for Natalie. She is a smoothie now along with everyone else in the house, which means Major will be back to being mopey next week *sigh*
Season 3 of iZombie concludes next week on the CW Network with Episode 13 (titled “Looking for Mr. Goodbrain, Part 2”) on Tuesday, June 27. You can view the synopsis below.
“SEASON FINALE PART 2 — “Liv uncovers a shocking truth with far-reaching consequences. A reeling Major looks to the future, and Clive gets closure. Meanwhile, Blaine makes a business proposal.”
Also, here’s a sneak peak into Episode 13 of iZombie Season 3.
What did you think of Episode 12 of iZombie Season 3? Let us know by commenting below!
[Featured Image by the CW Network]