So, what happened in Episode 8 (titled “Eat A Knievel”) of iZombie Season 3? Here’s the breakdown:
- Episode 8 of iZombie sees Filmore Graves holding a meeting to discuss just how stupid it was for Justin (Tongayi Chirisa) and Major (Robert Buckley) to let those anti-zombie dudes escape in Episode 7. Because now its on the internet and shit could totally get real for zombies everywhere. Vivian (Andrea Savage) breaks up the meeting but asks Major to stay because she totally knows he is human now and just wants to mess with him for a bit before ‘fessing up.
- Outside, when Major meets up with Liv (Rose McIver), who thinks he is getting promotion — to Major Major — Vivian’s helicopter explodes and not only does it seem like the war has begun between the living and the undead, but if Vivian is really dead now, it seems Major’s secret is still exactly that. Effectively, this means Liv and Ravi (Rahul Kohli) will be going undercover at an upcoming anti-zombie meeting.
- So, this week’s murder victim is Finn Vincible (Robert Ri’chard), an annoying YouTuber with a prank channel. In the latest episode of iZombie, Finn is visiting his high school sweetheart and trying to win her back. This involves Finn riding through a burning hoop while wearing a hay suit. I shit you not. Someone did a switch with the fire resistant hay suit though and things do not go according to plan. Predictably, Liv has to eat his brain. Ravi just wants BBQ.
- Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) and Liv are then tasked with interviewing the crew behind Finn Vincible’s YouTube show. As to be expected, Finn is a twat-waffle and anyone could be his murderer. Of course, even though he is horrible and doesn’t know when a prank has gone to far, there is a still an NDA, and no one is talking about anything that went on behind the scenes.
- Meanwhile, Blane (David Anders) is alive and super pissed his got shot. He comes up with a plan and that plan is fucking magnificent. You know how super annoying his dad is? Well, in Episode 8 of iZombie, he is taking over the zombie bar and businessing the hell out of stuff, stepping on everyone’s toes in the process. So, when Blane comes up firing (literally) when a big wooden box is opened in the bar, shit gets totally real. After killing a bunch of zombies, he then makes his daddy don a pair of concrete boots and dangles him over a well. A very, very deep well. After some monloguing backwards and forwards between the pair, daddy dearest finally admits he wasted his sperm on Blane and then it is time for daddy to swim with the fishes. Blane is now back in the brain business and things everything is right in the that part of the iZombie universe. Except, let’s face it, technically, Blane’s dad isn’t dead. Which means, at some point in the future, his is going to be pulled out of that well and it will be back to the business of insulting his son all over again.
- In between Liv high-fiving and stapling tongues to tables for shits and giggles, Clive and her interview Finn Vincible’s crew. They are mostly coming up empty-handed, though, until Liv has a vision about Rudy (Adrian Petriw), the hay suit maker, and a prank that made him cry. This means Liv and Clive go in harder with the questioning. One guy finally caves and ‘fesses up after the rest of the crew leaves. The prank Liv saw in her vision never made it on air, but he has a link to the footage online. It seems Finn thought it would be funny to shag Rudy’s missus and wrap it up under the guise of a prank. Yeah, Rudy is totally a suspect now.
- When they haul Rudy in to be interviewed, however, it turns out Rudy ended up marrying his girlfriend, even if she did horizontally dance with Finn. Hmmm, maybe he’s not the killer. He does suggest there is a crippled guy who might hold a grudge against Finn though. While all this is going on, Liv manages to prank Clive by super-gluing his hand to his coffee cup. Clive looks exasperated as only Clive can.
- Liv also goes on a date in Episode 8 of iZombie. But, not before she feeds Justin the same brain as her. Both, high on prankster brains play a game of stabby chicken (Rules of the game are simple: throw stabby things in the air, then wait for them to plummet back to earth and stab you). They have so much fun, they wind up kissing, leading Liv to have a vision about Rudy showing up with the wrong fire retardant spray. So, now it’s time to go check out that lead…
- The lead about Rudy’s workshop turns out to be a bust. However, Clive and Liv discover that Rudy’s wife has a newborn. And this newborn is not exactly the same colour as Rudy. Rudy also hasn’t been home since the birth. Can anyone say “Rudy is the killer”? Because he totally is and that’s the end of that mystery.
- All that is left in this episode of iZombie is for Liv to get her human suit on and turn up at the anti-zombie meeting posing as Ravi’s wife. Except there is a condition of entry that involves getting checked for a pulse. Before Ravi can convince Liv to leave, the anti-zombie ring leader turns up and reckons he knows Liv from somewhere. Ravi quickly explains that everyone thinks they know Liv from somewhere, but, right now she is heading home because their babysitter rang and their kids are spewing up some sort of nasty storm. This means that Ravi is left to infiltrate the anti-zombie meeting alone. But, we will have to wait until the next episode of iZombie to find out what happens next.
Season 3 of iZombie returns to the CW Network with Episode 9 (titled “Twenty-Sided, Die”) on Tuesday, May 30. You can view the synopsis below.
“A dungeon master is killed and the probe reveals that he was up to more than playing in his mother’s basement. Meanwhile, Blaine’s experiment does not go as planned; and Ravi stumbles across some new information that could prove deadly.”
What did you think of Episode 8 of iZombie Season 3? Let us know by commenting below!
[Featured Image by the CW Network]