Here’s what happened in the Season 3 finale of the CW Network’s iZombie (Episode 13, titled “Looking for Mr. Goodbrain, Part 2.”
- So, Liv (Rose McIver), Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) and Peyton (Aly Michalka) are all sitting around mopping and thinking Major (Paul Buckley) and Justin (Tongayi Chirisa) are dead thanks to the explosion at the end of Episode 12 of iZombie. But, then, in walk Major and Justin. Major is moping on account of Natalie being blown to smithereens. Justin is just wondering where the hell Liv was, not at all thankful that if she had been there, they would all be dead — and, not-returnable dead — now. Liv comes clean and confesses she was late on account of having sex with Chase Graves (Jason Dohring). It goes down hill from there. To cut things short, Liv is single again.
- Liv and Clive are starting to make connections in relation to all the previous weeks murders and soon work out that the dog Carrie Gold (Anjali Jay) bought in on the Paris flight was probably the means for spreading the flu outbreak. As a result of this, Liv breaks into Chase’s place, gets caught, and her and Clive explain their theories to Chase. This conversation also gets Chase thinking on recent events.
- Liv, in the meantime, has a vision where she sees Carrie killing Ravi’s boss, Katty Kupps (Christina Cox). Carrie’s plan was to make Chase look like a suspect. Shit is about to get real in the zombieverse.
- Blaine (David Anders) is having brain and bar issues on account of Chase forbidding his group from visiting the bar in the Season 3 finale of iZombie.
- Major, on the other hand, is all for Team Filmore Graves and wants Chase to turn him back into a zombie. It looks like he is now officially on an opposing side to Liv. As far as I’m concerned, Major can die already.
- Meanwhile, the flu outbreak is getting news coverage and a vaccine is quickly developed. Johnny Frost (Daran Norris) is showing viewers just how easy it is to get vaccinated against the flu. Everyone is itching to get the shot and lines are long.
- Clive has met up with Dale Bozzio (Jessica Harmon) because she is suss AF about the guy she has just brought in for questioning about a dodgy shipping container from Russia.it is Surfer dude Tanner (Nathan Barrett) from Blaine’s bar. Dale is starting to join the dots and demands answers. Clive responds by punching Tanner in the face so he gets his zombie on. Dale is now in the know about the little zombie problem in Seattle.
- Except, by the end of Episode 13 of iZombie, it isn’t a little problem anymore. That’s because the flu vaccine is actually being tainted by zombies with their blood and now everyone who has had the shot is infected with the zombie virus. Liv works this out and gets Johnny Frost (who is now wondering why he wants to eat brains) to make a public announcement during his live weather broadcast explaining to everyone that the zombie apocalypse is unfolding. He also reveals all the zombie symptoms and how the virus can be transmitted.
- Liv also let’s Clive know to not get the vaccine, but it comes a little too late for Dale, who is with Clive, and she is now Team Zombie.
- But why do the zombies want to turn everyone into zombies? Well, thanks to Carrie fucking up Plan A which was Zombie Island, she now wants everyone turned rather than place the zombies on a single island where they could be eradicated all at once. Chase is not okay with this and tells her so. Turns out Filmore security are on Carrie’s side though and the tables are turned. But, before they can kill Chase, he kills them all. When Liv and Clive turn up, he explains the big old mess to them and now it is time for the mop up crew.
- This happens by way of Chase getting on air and giving his own broadcast. He explains about how zombies and humans can co-exist so long as humans agree to give up their brains when they die so the zombies don’t have to resort to eating the brains of the living. It could work. Maybe.
- While all this is happening, Ravi thinks he might have finally developed a zombie vaccine. He uses himself as a human guinea pig and asks Liv to scratch him. Liv eventually agrees. We then get a black screen. Ravi appears to grunt and Liv mutters, “Don’t be a dick.”
What did you think of the Season 3 finale of iZombie? Let us know by commenting below!
Disclosure: This article contains an affiliate link. Cassidy and Rachel receive a small income as a result of these links and that is what helps keep this site running. You can find out more information here.
[Featured Image by the CW Network]