Sorry it has taken so long to get the recap up for Episode 7 (entitled Crossed) Season 5of AMC’s The Walking Dead. Between NaNoWriMo, proofreading, my daughter’s Christmas concert and the Feed the Zombies 2 event, I have been flat out!
Anyway – in a nutshell (because I’m STILL pressed for time) – here’s what went down in Episode 7:
- Abraham (Michael Cudlitz) is still silently flipping out over Eugene’s (Josh McDermitt) lies. Is he the only person in the universe who didn’t realise a mullet does not a scientist make?
- Speaking of, Eugene gets to spend this episode flat on his back. He might die, he might wake up. Either way, I’m ‘meh’ about it all. Maggie (Lauren Cohan) seems to give more of a shit than I do.
- Glenn (Steven Yeun) goes fishing with the girls – ie. Rosita (Christian Serratos)and Tara (Alanna Masterson). Besides catching fish and finding yo-yo’s, Tara is hilarious when they pass a telephone pole pinning down some walkers. “It’s okay guys, no need to get up…“
- Meanwhile, Daryl (Norman Reedus) is back with Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and they are planning to bust Carol (Melissa McBride) right out of Slabtown. Kudos to Rick for fully understanding how badly he fucked up by dumping Carol. My only fear is that if Carol dies as a result of the Season 5 mid-season finale, Rick will spiral back down into the pits of Lori all over again…
- Rick’s gang come up with a really good plan. So, of course it all goes horribly wrong when the police officers they catch escape. Thankfully they manage to round them all up again but not before Daryl has to rip off a walker’s head and bash a police officer with it!
- Now they have their hostages but one of them turns out to be called Bob, so Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green) goes all sookey eyes on him and he manages to clobber her over the head and escape. Seriously, Sasha, you and Abraham need to get married with all the stupid the pair of you own.
- As a result of this fuck-upery, it looks like the Season 5 mid-season finale is going to be brutal 🙁 Guess I need to put on Carol’s boots and big girl panties and hope to God none of my fave characters die on Sunday!
- So what’s actually happening in Slabtown? Well, Carol has been given twenty four hours to recover from internal injuries. Yeah, even she isn’t capable of this feat, so it’s time to turn off her life support system. However, even though Beth (Emily Kinney)knocked her down a peg or two in front of one of her officers, Dawn (Christine Woods) gives Beth the key to the medicine cabinet and lets her drug up Carol any old way. Now if I don’t smell something funny going on here than it’s time for me to stand in the Sasha and Abraham corner…
- Oh, and Father Gabriel (Seth Gilliam) seems to be going all sorts of crazy when he uses a machete to rip up the floorboards and escape from his church. Considering he is listed as a series regular, my guess is he has some sort of a plan rather than just being overcome with sin guilt and winding up as walker kibble.
Here are my predictions for the mid season finale:
- Beth will die. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think it will be Carol who dies in the finale (as much as it guts me to write it). After all, she had her swansong episode with Daryl didn’t she? 🙁
- We will think Carol dies but we will find out she is alive when The Walking Deadreturns next February.
- We won’t see Father Gabriel at all in this episode
- Dawn will die.
- Morgan (Lennie James) will turn up at the church right at the very end of the episode.
So, what did you think of Episode 7 of AMC’s The Walking Dead? Let me know your predictions for the mid season finale next week by commenting below or, alternatively, on the Season 5 Conspiracy Theories page!
(Photo Credits: AMC)